Monday 2 March 2015

RECIPE | EASY MUFFINS



Today I had an urge to try out these new recipes I have been eyeing on Pinterest.
I made some muffins and it turned out better than I thought so I will be sharing it with you.




~ Scroll down for recipe ~








Here is the recipe - ( Rewritten in my own words for copyright sake)

INGREDIENTS: 

1 banana, mashed ( optional )
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup vegetable oil OR coconut oil
1/3 cup almond OR soy milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/3 tsp salt

OPTIONAL:

1 cup oats
Almonds
Blueberries, strawberries, bananas
Chocolate chips

STEPS:

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees

2. Lightly apply coconut oil (or veg) onto the muffin pan to grease it up, then I like to apply some flour on each muffin pocket so they don't stick when its done. 

3. In a small mixing bowl whisk (or just use a fork) the wet ingredients bananas, milk, oil, vanilla extract. 

4. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. 

5. When I want to join the wet ingredients to the dry ones, I like to dig a little whole in the middle with the end of my spoon and poor it in through there ( this is optional but I always do it when I join both forms ) Gently fold until all ingredients are incorporated. Spoon the fairly thick batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each three-quarter full. The batter should be quite thick, make sure it isn't too slippery (if it is add flour) and vice versa if it is too thick ( milk )

*If you want to decorate the tops with a few extra nibbles like chocolate chips, this would be the time to do it.*

6. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden. To make sure it is ready, poke a toothpick and if it is clean when it comes out then it is ready! If wet wait for another 2-5 mins.



So hopefully my instructions are not too boring and long to read but really it is so so easy to make these and they are delicious! Especially with a cup of coffee or milk. This recipe makes 12 muffins but I did it twice ( for guests ) and made 24. ( So just double each ingredient )


No comments:

Post a Comment