Sunday 28 June 2015

REVIEW | Body Shop Vitamin C Glow boosting Moisturiser



Today I will be writing a review about The Body Shop’s new product called in the Vitamin C range called “ GLOW BOOSTING MOISTURISER”  for dull, tired, grumpy skin.



I was out for a new moisturiser because I really didn’t have any good quality ones so I thought I’d go to one of my favourite stores The Body Shop! I recently have been trying out the Radiance capsules by their vitamin c line (Which is my favourite, along with the tea tree line) and I am obsessed with it. I originally went to the store wanting to buy the capsules but then I saw a moisturiser from the line which was new. I tried it out and decided this is what I am getting! Also since it was my birthday month I got a r50 voucher :D yay. 
The original cost is r155 ($12 when you change currencies but I believe the price is around $20/30 in other countries) So I paid r105 - What a deal. 


I was very excited to use this at night when I got home, washed all my makeup off and applied a face mask and then tried out this cream and ughhhh my first impression was BAD. It was very lightweight, not that moisturising, definitely something I will not use at night time. At that time, I noticed the product was extremely sticky, like when you touch my face it felt like I had a egg white mask on.. Something you do not want for a moisturiser. I was feeling rather queasy last night so to make my mood even worse the smell was so strong, but when I woke up to use it this morning  my opinion changed completely. 

This morning when I applied it my skin felt so moisturised and radiant. Weird right? I guess I didn’t read and it was only for day time, which worked great for it. My skin felt so glowing. Still a little tacky and sticky, but nevertheless really loved it this morning. Don’t know if it was the moisturiser but my skin felt better than usual today.

I never usually read what any packages say before I buy products because I make my mind up quickly and I usually never have time (Crying siblings + mother telling me to hurry up) It says “Use during the night time, after applying serum” So maybe thats why it felt so un-moisturising, so now I have to buy a serum? Then it says “Avoid eye area” So I have to leave my eyes dry, or buy the eye cream from them? Come on. Also it does say use during the day, so that makes sense as to why it wasn’t moisturising enough for night, I will stick with my coconut oil for the night. 

PROS

  • It is a cooling gel/water formula so you would expect it to be not so moisturising. Good for my skin type
  • It left me with a very glowing look which I loved and my skin felt very radiant. 
  • Very cute packaging, looks refreshing. 
  • Light moisture so is great for oily/combination skin.
  • Perfect for day time, especially in summer. Not too good for me though because it is winter but for other countries like the US.
  • It says “for dull tired grumpy skin, so far it has made my skin look more awake and refreshed, so it did what it said. 

CONS
  • Packaging is a bit bulky, can’t carry around
  • Smell could appear too strong if you have a sensitive nose
  • Sometimes feels too sticky 
  • Not too moisturising (definitely not for dry skin)
  • Feels a little tingly when wearing


Although I like to buy products that have all these horrible chemicals in them because of 1. The name 2. Makes you feel fancy 3. You think it will work.
I still go back to my earthy products like my coconut or argan oil. At the end of the day natural is best and for the past 2 years of my life I have been obsessed with natural products, which I will be writing more blog posts about.

To end this review:

Will I buy it again? No
What do I rate it? 6/10
Who do I recommend it to? If you have oily skin, if you’re looking for a lightweight, summer moisturiser that is only for day time.
What did I like? Light feeling, look of packaging and the cream colour. That it was gel/water based.

PS you might want to buy the serum to apply with it (that’s what it says), which I will be doing soon.

ALSO there are not that many reviews out there for this product because it is new, so after buying this product I read all the reviews that was out there (Should have probably read it before buying.) From now on, If I am buying products that is not too cheap I will be reading reviews, so I suggest you read this before buying and decide for yourselves if you want to.

Thanks for reading and tell me what you think if you have this product or if you’re wanting to get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment